Friday, September 20, 2013

Goodbye Summer, Hello School

Good evening everybody! Or perhaps good day? Or good morning? I try to recognize all potential readers (hello international readers). It's that time of year again, when summer is dwindling and fall is fast approaching. I move into my apartment for school this Sunday and my feeling is bittersweet. I really miss all of my friends up at school and am looking forward to living in an apartment. However, this is my senior year and my major is psychology. So, I am not looking forward to psychology 24/7. I am not looking forward to professor's lecturing about APA citation and how important it is to italicize the name of the psychology article NOT bold it. Compelling stuff, huh? But I won't complain because I am trying to remind myself that this schooling is a means to help me get to where I want to be. This summer went by so fast, it's crazy. My sister got married, I took a short trip to Portland, I cooked a lot, I baked a lot, I did a lot of yoga, I did a lot of bike riding and I did a lot of gardening. All in all, not a bad summer:) I am going to really try to update more recipes once the weather starts cooling down. Recently, it has been pretty warm in Seattle and so I am trying this new thing called, "not turning on the oven so that my house doesn't feel like a sauna". Let me tell you, this requires a lot of control. A lot of control. But I persevered and channeled my urge to bake over to organizing. I can now say that all of my colored pencils are very nicely arranged, my desk paperweights are placed exactly apart from one another and my carpet is well vacuumed. Success! But please stay tuned for many fall inspired recipes! I checked out a bunch of cookbooks from the library and copied down all of the recipes that sparked my interest, many of which were stews, soups and pumpkin-y things....oh crap, I should probably return those books soon...Anyways, I wish you all a wonderful weekend!
P.S. I don't really have any pictures to share with you, but I will leave you with some clips to my new favorite show, "The Soup". Your welcome;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlDW9nr7yiY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4_R_eEskrA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIt7WB2eVNc&feature=c4-overview&list=UUVE1EdYgcjohWlJa9taqBeA

No comments:

Post a Comment