Friday, July 17, 2015

Haitus no more!

Hello everyone! I am back! Woah, I know. It has been too long. So much has happened in the past few years. Let's see, where did I last leave off? I was in the middle of my senior year of college. Good news! I graduated! Woot! I now have a Bachelor's of Arts in Psychology:) The most important thing to note was that in the midst of my senior year, I met the most amazing man. He is caring, loving, thoughtful, so very funny, amazingly handsome and talented. His name is Zach, and he is my fiance. That's right world. I AM GETTING MARRIED...IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!
After graduating from college, I immediately starting looking for jobs. Over the past year that I have been graduated from college, I have worked four jobs. Seriously. I got shot down, yelled at, belittled, developed friendships, acquired skills and acquired enough money to be renting an apartment. I am seriously growing up.
So what have I learned from all these jobs and experiences? It is that I need to continue pursuing what I really love-food and health. I felt proud that I got all those jobs but never found myself connecting to any of them. My mom suggested that it is all a sign. A sign that I was not born to be a receptionist or front desk coordinator. I was born to make a difference, to use my compassion and emotional intelligence to help others live healthier, happier lives. Which is why I have made the decision to pursue graduate school to be a registered dietitian.
Although I know this blog has about two loyal readers, one of which is my mother, I like to think that one day it will turn into a career. That this blog will serve as a stepping stone to my career of writing, testing and documenting healthy recipes. If not, this blog serves as my creative release. Something all of use need.
To all readers, please stay tuned. I have been busy in my kitchen the past few months, and I cannot wait to share it with all you beautiful souls.
Until then, here are some pictures that I hope will summarize these past couple of years.
Love always,
Marissa
Yoga photo shoot. Credit to Karimeh

Portland trip
Engagement photos taken by Lauren Farris
My favorite


Rings...
Baby Shower

Chloe and me
My weird family
Carrot, zucchini ribbon salad with parsley, capers, edible flowers, vinegar and olive oil 

Split pea and red lentil curried soup with coconut milk and wild rice 
Roast chicken with wild rice pilaf and salad.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are back. I will spread the news.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete